March 01, 2023
In this era defined by fast paced digital transformation, enterprises have embraced various cloud deployment models with open arms. This rapid growth and acceptance have led 80% of all businesses to utilize the cloud in some form today. In 2021, the global market for hybrid-cloud was already worth $71.23 billion and is further forecasted to grow at a CAGR of 18.4% till 2030. With this widespread adoption of hybrid cloud, more and more enterprises are rethinking their approaches with an emphasis on hybrid cloud management.
Hybrid-cloud adoption opens a world of opportunities for organizations helping them thrive in a digitized business paradigm. However, management challenges often create bottlenecks and basic monitoring tools fall woefully short, leading to more frustration than resolutions. This is where next-gen holistic cloud observability can help enterprises make the most of their hybrid-cloud investments. This blog will explore how hybrid-cloud observability can help generate actionable intelligence to support IT agility and enhance operational efficiencies.
Outlining modern business imperatives
Today’s enterprises need to navigate multiple information sources, distributed business services, alert fatigue, ever-increasing cybersecurity threats, and a stringent regulatory landscape. Not staying compliant thus leads to profound financial and reputational loss while missed SLAs and SLOs are simply piling on the misery with additional costs. Countering this requires maximizing visibility and control over these distributed assets and data to maintain service performance and availability. However, end-to-end management with disparate tools is exacerbating the complexity with the total cost of licensing, deployment, management, scaling, and support often turning out prohibitive.
For businesses, the need to observe, visualize, and remediate their cloud-native IT environments quickly and in a proactive manner to reduce the time to detect and resolve is critical. Achieving this requires them to go beyond traditional IT monitoring and leverage advanced hybrid cloud observability.
Going beyond monitoring with observability
While monitoring and observability may sound similar, they are anything but. With monitoring, one is alerted when something goes wrong. In sharp contrast to this, observability can enable the detection of the relative sources and their influence to present a bigger picture of its targeted impact on IT and business. . Observability even goes above and beyond with actionable intelligence and cross-domain analytics. For businesses, this translates directly to greater IT visibility, insights on service dependency, and predictability of operations. Thus, while monitoring is reactive, observability is proactive.
Furthermore, with observability, businesses have a birds-eye-view of their service delivery and component dependencies. By fostering substantially more proactive issue and anomaly detection that leads to greater focus and prioritization, and more efficient problem solving, it helps reduce IT operation noise significantly. Moreover, it also helps predict element problems, service levels, and capacity changes that are needed by continuously analyzing conditions that impact user experience and performance.
Proactive issue identification and the acceleration of automated or intelligent resolution are the main features of observability. The observability tools gather operational metrics that debug hybrid and multi-cloud architectures actively. For this to happen, real-time metrics are leveraged for faster root cause analysis.
With such extensive benefits, businesses would do well to adopt hybrid-cloud observability into their IT environments. Although, they need to be cautious and only adopt solutions that match their business case rather than simply go for a one-size-fits-all approach.
Observability solutions simplifying hybrid-cloud management
Organizations can leverage the DRYiCE iObserve solution - a comprehensive, integrated, and full-stack observability solution that simplifies observability by seamlessly integrating data from multiple IT ecosystems, including databases, applications, servers, networks, and others. Its prime differentiators include:
- Observability for all - Full-stack solutions for all, no matter your size or where you are in your digital transformation journey.
- Easy to use - Simple to get started and expand, with powerful capabilities leveraging unified user experience (UX), collection, and analytics functions.
- Full stack and integrated - Comprehensive, integrated coverage across the network, cloud, infrastructure, application, and database.
- Superior value - Integrated portfolio with rapid time to value and lower total cost of ownership (TCO) compared to mixed and point monitoring and management tools.
- Actionable intelligence - Detect anomalies across massive, cross-domain data sets to increase operational efficiency, predictability, and productivity
With such solutions organizations of all sizes can optimize their performance, reduce remediation time, and ensure availability across all IT environments. The list of benefits also include:
- Accelerated issue resolution – Increase efficiency, drive more impact, and be future-prepared with IT silo reduction, cross-domain correlation, and increased collaboration.
- Reduced tool sprawl – Experience end-to-end IT operations visibility, advanced controls, and higher staff productivity with a full-stack solution.
- Reduced risks and alter fatigue – Identify and diagnose service issues, assess compliance problems, and surface potential security incidents with greater efficacy with deep outlier detection and cross-domain context.
- Cloud readiness – Gain comprehensive observability across the present hybrid-cloud environment and future-proof with continued access to planned future innovations.
- Ensured service levels– Generate deep, holistic SLO insights that reduce outages, improve mean time to resolution (MTTR), and ensure service levels across complex and distributed infrastructures.
DRYiCE iObserve powered by Solarwinds promises to unlock a new era where businesses can confidently embrace the promises of hybrid-cloud environments. By reducing the inherent complexities, DRYiCE iObserve helps future-facing enterprises in their quest to streamline IT operations and foster a myriad of tangible benefits with sustained and profitable operations.
Pravesh Gosain heads the Offering Management for DRYiCE Intelligent Automation products and solutions, he also leads Outbound Product Management for DRYiCE Portfolio. He has 12 years of industry experience & has managed different technology products in Automation, AI, and Analytics domains. As one of the charter members of DRYiCE Software, he has contributed to pre-sales & business development for Tools & Cloud solutions as well. Pravesh holds a Master’s degree in Business Administration and a Bachelor’s degree in Electronics & Communication Engineering. He is also a Microsoft Certified Professional. Pravesh is recently recognized as one of the Founders of the Pragmatic Alumni Community for Global Product Management professionals.