|Product Name||DRYiCE Gold BluePrint (GBP)|
|Version Number||Shimla 2206|
In Release Shimla 2206 of DRYiCE GBP on the ServiceNow platform, we have introduced new features for streamlining workflows and improving users’ productivity and experience in the portal.
The highlights include the introduction of “Agent Assist” on the Agent Workspace, the configuration of the “Incident Service Channel” on the Agent Virtual Chat, and the hierarchical grouping of resources around topics in the Employee Center
The configuration of “Assign to Self”, “Save”, and “Add Vendor Ticket” UI actions on the “Request Management” module provides access to GBP functionalities, visibility, and conditions in the “Agent Workspace” application. The addition of these UI actions will help Agent Workspace to provide quicker and more efficient resolution of tickets.
The configuration of “Agent Assist” functionality on the “Knowledge”, “Incident”, and “Change Management” modules provides access to contextual recommendations based on the record opened by the agent. The flexibility to configure information sources according to agents' roles and responsibilities enables access to highly relevant information for better decisions.
The "Cancel Change" UI action on the "Standard Change" request can be configured to allow "Agent Workspace" users to cancel "Standard Change" requests that were initiated before but are no longer required. This functionality was previously available only on the “ITIL” view. Users will be able to cancel these requests from their individual dashboards with this introduction.
The introduction of UI actions to the "Agent Workspace" allows users to create and track problems on their personalized dashboards. Previously, agent/support users had to visit their respective modules on the global dashboard to access and work on the relevant tasks, lowering their productivity. With the addition of these UI actions, users will be able to drive end-to-end workflows on their personalized dashboards themselves.
The introduction of “Form Headers”, “Form Pane”, “Related Items Menu”, and “Related List Actions” on the Agent Workspace provides role-based access to the information and tools. This will enable users to fulfill requests on the agent workspace without having to navigate to the specific modules.
The “Agent Chat” functionality has been configured on the Self-Service Portal to enable users to chat with agents.
The inclusion of an “Incident Service Channel” in the “Advanced Work Assignment” module automatically queues up incident-related work items in the agent’s chat window based on their availability and capacity. This provides instant access to tickets routed through the service channel, thus improving the agent’s responsiveness to customer issues.
Users of GBP Agent Chat can now view the chat header, chat header background, and menu items on the chat window. This helps them to take the appropriate action from the menu options after assessing the chat interaction.
The following reports have been configured for the Agent Chat functionality:
- Reports displaying all the interaction records marked as “Closed Abandoned” in the last 30 days
- Reports capturing post-survey response feedback received in the previous 30-day period
The “Inbox Layout” has been configured to display information related to the work items originating through the configured chat service channels.
Clicking on the “Monitor Interactions” link under the “Conversational Monitoring” option displays a list of chat interactions between requesters and virtual agents across web clients, native mobile apps, and messaging integrations. This provides chat supervisors with a convenient way to review what happened during a virtual agent interaction.
The configuration of the “Availability States” field for agents in the “Agent Chat” functionality will now help to indicate the availability of agents for receiving work items through the configured service channels.
A new report called “Help Requested” has been configured in the "Data Visualization" section of the landing page to display the count of “interaction records” or the number of times that virtual agents requested help in the last 30 days. This allows for identifying training opportunities to reduce escalations.
Notification is configured when the live agent requests help and “Help Requested” sets to true. This will inform the relevant SMEs promptly, thus fast-tracking support.
End users can access the workspace agent chat functionality for requesting help on the go upon logging into "Now" mobile. This will aid in requesting assistance from anywhere.
The introduction of the “Configure Rejection Reasons” field on the agent chat functionality will allow agents to provide the exact reasons for rejecting any work items assigned to them. This will help in auditing the records in the future.
- The self-service portal has been enhanced with the introduction of the following changes -
- Publishing “News” or “Announcements” will highlight the bell icon notification on the portal banner and the total count of news and announcements will be shown.
- Clicking the KB article No. displayed below the “News” tab will redirect users to the associated Knowledge articles.
- The "Wish List" link on the portal banner has been replaced with an icon. Hovering the cursor on the icon will display a tooltip/helptext with the message “Your Wishlist currently has X items".
- Hovering over the Shopping cart will display a tooltip/helptext with the message "Your shopping cart currently has X items".
The introduction of built-in helptexts and visual cues provides guided navigation for improving user adoption.
Changing the language preference option on the “Profile” section from English to German or English to Spanish will automatically translate the text in the widgets, placeholders, items, and categories to German or Spanish. This will allow users the flexibility to access the content in the language of their choice.
The new “Contact Support Module” introduced under the “Application” Menu provides the contact information of the support team. This will help customers reach out to the appropriate support team in case of any need.
If the deployment status for any of the scheduled change requests on BigFix is not received, the patch deployment status will be automatically moved to ‘Partially Successful”. This will ensure the accuracy of records for future follow-ups and deployments.
- The Employee Center portal provides a unified service portal for service delivery and employee engagement through personalized communications and content experiences.
The login page of the Employee Center portal will have the following fields -
- Username: Upon entering the username, the user will be navigated to the GBP Employee Center login page.
- Password: The following password policy should be applied for local authentication:
- Password Minimum Length – 8
- Password Maximum Length – 14
- Must contain at least 1 numeral
- Must contain at least 1 special character
- Must contain at least 1 letter in a capital case
- Must not be similar to the previous 2 passwords
- Forgot Password: It will help the user to reset his/her password
- Login Button: On clicking this button, the user will be able to log in to the Employee Center portal based on their username and password.
The introduction of a new content management data model for “Employee Center” will now allow admins to organize different content types like requests, articles, quick links, and employee communications around topics for easier self-service.
- The software installation request in the MarketVista application has been finetuned as given below:
- Raising a software installation request for the same software and on the same device will display the error message "This software is already under the “Device Name” field.
- Also, the "Device Name" field will be emptied once the error message is displayed, preventing users from submitting the Software Request unless the Device Name is changed.
The guided navigation will prompt users to enter the correct combination of the software and the device on which it is to be installed.
The SMS and Voice templates in the Knowledge Management module have been removed as the notification capability is not required for articles approved by knowledge managers. This will help in building a leaner base model with all the features necessary for day-to-day service delivery.
The "From" and "Type" fields have been removed from the “Form” view since they were available to users in the “List” view. This will enhance navigation capabilities on the portal by removing redundant fields.
The transactional and interactive SMS notifications configured for the Change Management module have been shortened for mobile compatibility. The new format will ensure that all opened notifications are read and understood with ease.
Communication managers can view all voice templates in the “Voice Template” module to check their compatibility for notification conditions. This will increase the relevance of the notifications sent to the recipients.
The introduction of the ‘Enable SMS Approval Engine” provides the flexibility to switch on/switch off the update table functionality based on the SMS response received from the approver. This will provide the flexibility to override any previous approvals, if necessary, on short notice.
The introduction of a toggle UI action on the user profile section for SMS and Voice calls will now provide the flexibility to subscribe or unsubscribe to the services as per requirement.
The introduction of a "Channel" field on the “Communication Logs” table will help to differentiate and store logs for both SMS and Voice messages.
The introduction of the “Contact Module” on the “Eagle Eyes” application will now allow users to access the support details of the relevant SMEs for troubleshooting product-related issues.
The copyright information on the Contact Support UI page has been updated from “[email protected] HCL Technologies” to “[email protected] HCL Technologies”. This will ensure full coverage of the copyright act to HCL’s patented processes and workflows.
- The menus available in the ROAR Connector application have been grouped under the following sections:
- “Configuration”: This section will include menus for “Properties”, “Validate Connection”, and “Fields Mapping” fields.
- “Transaction”: This section will include menus for the "Dashboard" and “Import GDS" fields.
This will allow users to access the relevant menus intuitively.
Upon failing to import Golden Data Sets output from ROAR, users will be able to view the “Name”, “Class”, “Host Name”, “Target Record”, and “Failure Reason” of the associated records by clicking on the "Error" tab on the ROAR Connector Dashboard. This will help identify the assets and CIs.
The configuration of the “State Transitions” capability on the Import GDS menu will now allow users to navigate directly to the “Transaction” or “Import GDS" section under the “ROAR Connector” page, enabling them to access the application from where they last left it.
On typing “ROAR’ in the navigation menu, the configured details for ‘Contact Support’ will become visible to users on the dashboard, enabling them to reach out to the SMEs for troubleshooting ROAR product-related issues.
Clicking on the download icon on the dashboard will generate a report containing the CIs and Assets reconciled from the ROAR reconciliation process. This will provide audited data for validating CMDB accuracy.
- Enabling “Next Experience UI” will allow users in the access control list to view a navigation bar on the top of the home page containing the controls for accessing their workspaces, modules, favorites pages, activity history, and notifications without having to leave the page.
It offers suggestions for additional tools and services related to users’ roles and recent activities, thus tailoring their experiences to their needs, wants, and desired content.
- Enabling the “SNC Access Control” functionality will enable ServiceNow to support personnel logging into their instances only if they have access to the encrypted tokens generated by a secure server.
This authentication method will control which personnel can log in to their instances and the time window when they may do so.
- The email client has been configured to allow ITIL users to send emails to any person or DL in the preferred language set by Admins at the instance level.
This will help to send ad hoc notifications to a third party who is not a ServiceNow user on a given instance.
- With the addition of a “Role Configuration” capability to the "Assigned To" fields for all ITSM modules, any user within a group can be divested of their auto-inherited roles. Once the role has been removed, the user will no longer appear in the "Assigned To" reference field even though he belongs to the group.
This will help in improving role mapping and task assignment.
- The various security-related anomalies and vulnerabilities identified during routine hygiene checks were removed from the instances. The gaps and shortcomings identified during the checks helped in the implementation of best-in-class security practices thus increasing the overall health score.
For sales-related inquiries, please reach us at [email protected]
For Support related queries, please write to [email protected]