|Product Name||DRYiCE Gold BluePrint (GBP)|
|Version Number||Shimla 2203|
In Release Shimla 2203 of DRYiCE GBP on the ServiceNow platform, we have introduced exciting features such as out-of-office functionality for support agents and managers and personalized 'Agent Workspaces'. The other highlights include the introduction of the 'Change Success Score card' on change request forms and the capability to raise service requests for 'Capacity Management'.
- The 'Agent Workspace' admin users will now be able to use the UI builder for creating landing pages by configuring page layouts, adding components, and linking them to the relevant tables and records. This will help in creating personalized experiences for workspace users.
The 'Homepage' section has been enhanced with the introduction of the following capabilities:
On clicking the (+) icon on the home page, the 'Agent Workspace' users can see all the options configured in the 'Record Menu'. On clicking on any available options, the users will be redirected to the forms corresponding to the selected option for filling in the required details.
A new search field has been introduced on the banner of the 'Agent Workspace' section to provide keyword-based search capabilities.
Introducing these functionalities will improve the productivity and efficiency of 'Agent Workspace' users
We are making rapid progress towards introducing the 'Agent Work spaces' module on the GBP on the Service Now platform.
Self Service Portal
The 'Requests option' under the 'My To-Dos' section has been renamed to 'My To-Dos' so that the breadcrumbs widgets display will become visible as Home > My To-Dos upon clicking on the 'View all Actionable' icon. This will allow the users to easily navigate around a portal based on the location of the page in the portal.
We have made rapid progress towards introducing the 'Swarming' technique in the Incident Management module, which has been listed below -
- Now incident assignees can add any number of ITIL users to the 'Swarm Analysts' field while the incidents are still in the 'Assigned', 'In Progress', 'Pending' state. Once the field has been populated with the details of the ITIL users, the 'Collaboration Required by Swarm Team' message will become visible on the form. The 'Swarm Analysts' field will change to a read-only field after the status of the incidents changes to 'Closed' or 'Resolved'. This will facilitate collaboration between swarm team members with the appropriate skillsets, enabling faster incident resolutions.
The 'ITIL' and 'Service Desk' users will now be able to view the KPIs associated with the Swarming method once the relevant properties have been enabled.
Upon assigning incidents to 'Swarm Analysts' or to the new members inducted in the 'Swarm Analyst' role, notifications will be triggered to the assignees with the subject line 'Collaboration required for incident $<incident_number>', alerting them to taking the necessary action.
Service Request Management
- The introduction of 'Create a New Capacity Request' on the 'Request Something' section of the portal will now enable capacity analysts to create and submit capacity requests. Once requests have been created, 'Capacity Managers' can see them in the 'My Groups Work' section and take the necessary actions to complete the task.
A new capability has been introduced to auto-assign catalog tasks to their correct groups based on preconfigured rules. This will improve the efficiency of the assignation, thus increasing the efficiency of the process.
- An additional patch deployment workflow has been introduced in the 'Patch Workbench' application that will function independently of the change management workflow. This workflow will be executed based on the following rules configured by the patch admins on the properties page.
The workflow will be triggered based on the change cab approval status configured in the properties section.
The system will validate the change status and scheduled start time before triggering the workflow
The current status of the deployment will be displayed under the 'Patch Deployment status' tab as below
a) Initiated--> Once the change is approved by the CAB
b) WIP--> Once XML is triggered
c) Successful--> When the deployment is successful for all CIs
d) Unsuccessful--> When the deployment has failed for all CIs
The change work notes will be updated with the error information received upon failure to initiate the deployment due to 'No Action ID (response) received.'
For failed CI deployments, the following details will have to be recorded in the respective CI work notes
a) Patch and/or Patch Baseline Details that deployed on the CI
b) Date & Time of the deployment
c) Change Ticket reference number corresponding to the CI
This will help in fast-tracking change implementations for patch deployments.
- The naming convention has been changed from 'Eagle Eyes' to 'Eagle Eye' in the following places:
a) The content and description of the 'Eagle Eye' application in the Service Now store
b) All the links, pages, and URLs in the tool.
This will standardize the product nomenclature removing incorrect usages.
The introduction of 'Out of Office Assistant' on the user profile section will allow support agents to access the forms configured to record their unavailability details. Once the details have been submitted, notifications will be triggered to the support managers informing them of the unavailability.
The support agents will be able to set their availability status to 'Out of Office' during the leave period, which will allow their support managers to reassign tasks allocated to them to the other fulfillers
Now, all users with ITIL user roles can see a module called 'OOO Assistant'. It has been introduced under the 'User Administration' application and 'Role Delegation' section on the left navigation panel. Upon clicking on the module, support managers can see all the support agents in their team and check who are out of the office at a given time.
A new 'Change Success Score Card' icon has been introduced next to the Assignment group field on the 'Change Request' form showing the 'Change Success Score Card' of the team responsible for change requests. The scorecard will be based on the four default ratings of 'Low', 'Medium', 'High', and 'Excellent'. They will be represented by their respective color codes and text. To change, modify the score range, color, or introduce new rating values, users with admin roles must navigate to the 'Change Success Score Ratings' tab under the 'Administration' section.
This will provide insights into the teams' performance, enabling effective decisions based on their historical information.
The 'Actual Start Date' and 'Actual End Date' fields on the 'Change Request' form will now be populated in the manner given below–
The 'Actual Start Date' field will auto-populate with the Date/Time of moving the RFC to the 'Work in Progress status.
The 'Actual End Date' field will auto-populate with the Date/Time of moving the RFC to the 'Completed' status.
This will ensure that the status changes are time-stamped and recorded for audits.
A new property called 'Enable Automated Workflow' has been introduced for triggering the 'Automation Required' workflow by changing the status of the property to true on the application.
Upon setting the 'Enable Automated Workflow' property to 'True', the 'Automation Required' checkbox field will become visible on the software model form. This will allow the flexibility to enable or disable the workflow as per the operational requirements.
The 'Software Model' form has been enhanced with the introduction of the following fields:
Software ID – Single line text field
Automation Required – Checkbox field
Upon setting the 'Automation Required' checkbox to true, the process for requisitioning the software will be automatically initiated.
Admin users will be able to create the 'Enable License Check Task' and 'Enable Procurement Task' properties for triggering the associated workflows associated once the properties are set to 'TRUE' in the application
A new functionality called 'Enable Voice Engine' has been introduced to allow admin users to enable or disable the functionality for voice messages.
This will help regulate the VOIP channel according to business and operational requirements.
A module named 'Voice Template' has been introduced in the Communication Manager application allowing communication managers to create and view the voice records.
The 'SMS Template' record has been changed as follows -
1. The Type field has been converted into a read-only field.
2. The value will default to SMS
- A new capability has been introduced to automate the allocation of licenses to 'On-Hold' users one day before the end of their leave period based on the roles mapped to them. Once the licenses have been successfully allocated, notifications will be triggered to the users alerting them about the reactivation. This will enable users to resume tasks according to their license-mapped roles.
The 'ROAR Connector' application UI has been enhanced, thus making it easier for users to access the application by just clicking on the menu items on the left navigation panel.
Now, upon clicking on the 'Out of Office Assistant' icon on the 'User Profile' page, the 'Out of Office' form will become visible to the support agents to provide the details of their unavailability. Once the forms have been submitted, the respective managers will be notified of the agent's 'Out of Office' status. This will record the agents' unavailability on the tool, which will help support managers in managing their resources efficiently.
A new 'OOO Assistant' module will now be visible on the 'Role Delegation' section of the 'User Administration' application. This will allow support agent managers to see all the team members out of the office at any given time. This will enable support managers to assign tickets to team members in the office, thus increasing the efficiency of the assignation.