|Product Name||DRYiCE Lucy|
|Release Month||August , 2020|
The Release Notes capture the details of features and functionalities introduced in DRYiCE Lucy as part of its Minor release version 5.1. This Minor release follows Automatic upgrade, through which all tenants which are currently running on version 5.0 will be automatically upgraded to version 5.1. For any queries/clarifications, please reach out to LucyPSSupport@hcl.com.
Following are the newly launched features and functionalities as part of DRYiCE Lucy v5.1:
Frequently-Asked-Question (FAQ) Ingestion: FAQ ingestion is the new low-code feature in Lucy’s Use Case Design (UCD) console. Admin users/ Cognitive Subject matter expert (SMEs) can leverage this feature to automatically generate intents, entities and dialog nodes from an existing list of frequently asked questions (FAQs). The FAQs can either be taken from a static website or uploaded in form of a CSV containing FAQs in a pre-defined format. This feature reduces the timelines associated with Use case training and implementation
Knowledge Management & Ranking (KMR) Console: A new console for Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs, it provides machine learning based search and retrieval for structured and unstructured documents based on relevance thereby eliminating manual filtering. KMR would allow Lucy to search in knowledge base when an ideal intent is not matched thereby improving the conversational experience for end users when knowledge sources are involved
Auto Q&A: This feature is introduced in Lucy’s KMR Console. It combines the Knowledge management service and machine comprehension capabilities of Google BERT and as a result provides precise extracted answers (instead of document) from search results of knowledge source containing documents or articles. Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs can leverage this feature to improve the end user experience. Auto Q&A best serves the purpose when user enquires for factual information present in the knowledge source containing documents or articles
Use Case Identification from Chat Logs & User data: Machine learning clustering feature in Lucy’s UCD console for Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs. This feature enables auto identification of Use cases and intents from pre-existing Chat logs or chat dumps and user conversations. The source of chat logs and dumps can be Service Desk Management Software such as Vayusphere or ITSM tool such as ServiceNow. Using this feature, chat dumps, user conversations can be analyzed to provide possible set of Use Cases along with pre trained variations which in turn improves the timelines associated with Use Case training and implementation
Enterprise Connectors: New out of box connectors are available for enterprise applications as follows:
- Autosys (Workload Automation tool): Schedule and run Autosys workload jobs directly from DRYiCE Lucy.
- Systrack & Nexthink (User Experience Monitoring): These integrations enable DRYiCE Lucy to fix IT problems on end user machines.
Maintenance Module: Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs can configure DRYiCE Lucy maintenance and downtime messages with customizable UI to inform end user
User Context Persistence: Store user context across sessions and channels to provide more engaging user experience which is personalized to respective user. This feature is optional and invoked by Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs on request.
Following are some of the existing features and functionalities that have been improved upon as part of DRYiCE Lucy v5.1:
OTB Use Cases enrichment: SNOW & Autosys Use Cases are added which allow users to train Use Cases with minimal efforts by clicking on flow snippet list for the concerned skill.
Backup & Restore: Following enhancements have strengthened the backup and restore functionality in DRYiCE Lucy.
- Configuration: DRYiCE Lucy’s Backup and Restore System provides administrators the capability to take backups and restore on one-click basis. The backup data consist of all the essentials data of the following:
- Customer Configuration
- SOP Management
- Rule Engine
- User Management System (UMS)
- Openwhisk Actions
- Workspace Details
- Bot Connect
- Console Records on Manage Page
- Datapoint (APIs consumed by Lucy for Reporting & Data Analysis purpose)
The backups and restore is done in accordance with the data privacy and policy guidelines applicable.
- Data Retention: GUI based control for Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs to custom define data retention duration.
Use Case Design Console: Following enhancements are added in the UCD console for Admin users/ Cognitive SMEs of DRYiCE Lucy
- Autocomplete in node conditions, flow snippet, API rule
- Move dialog nodes (as child node, node above, node below)
- Move Multi conditional Response Node
- Edit intent and entity name
- Listing and deleting of Contextual entities
Cognitive Analytics Console: Cognitive console would now capture the following triggers and rules during conversations which in turn improve conversational reporting and insights.
- Feedback Survey/triggers
- Integration Rules
- Solution triggers
- Node level of a use case which has triggered the solution
Integration Console: The following enhancements will make Integration management for Cognitive SMEs/ Admin users easier.
- Choose OpenWhisk actions from autocomplete dropdown instead of URL
- Creating vaults for central credential management & storage
- Tenant specific Actions prioritized on Execution with Cloud Function Namespaces
Cherwell Connector Changes: Cherwell connector now utilizes API and recommended options for updating Cherwell content catalog (The other option is CSV upload)
Multi-Lingual Connector: Following languages are added in multi-lingual connector:
Following are the bugs fixed as part of the DRYiCE Lucy v5.1 release:
- Use Case Design Consoles UI fixes
- SOP management UI & backend fixes
- Master configuration and cognitive console UI fixes
- Non web channels reporting fixes
- “one_time_options” made universally available
- Temporary context variables for enriching user conversations on the fly
The following changes were done which in turn improve the performance & with respect to security of DRYiCE Lucy v5.1
- Added support of HMAC Signature Verification for BOT Connect API
- Added support of AES 256 Encryption and Decryption for BOT Connect API
- Integration with secure key vault services for life-cycle management of encryption keys
- Improved performance by minimizing (from Cloudant) data retrieving time
- RES_CONFIRM_RESOLUTION & RES_FEEDBACK_FORM is deprecated and its alternative is to use “one_time_options"
All upgrades are assisted and the professional services team will make the necessary update after requisite approvals. Reach out to them at LucyPSSupport@hcl.com
DRYiCE Lucy is a Cognitive Virtual Assistant. It mimics human interaction, learns and adapts to user needs through smart conversations by leveraging enterprise-grade Natural Language Processing (NLP) and Machine Learning (ML). Users can use Lucy to find the relevant information available across different enterprise systems.
Lucy helps organizations move up the maturity curve and enhance the user experience for employees and customers. By leveraging advanced natural language processing Lucy reduces human errors and increases productivity. It comes with out-of-the-box use cases for various scenarios and can be easily extended to cover the “Cognitive chatbot” needs of modern enterprises.
For any queries/clarifications, please reach out to us on LucyPSSupport@hcl.com