|Product Name||DRYiCE iControl|
|Release Month||October , 2019|
iControl product provides business context to operational events by linking application, business units and
products to a business flow supporting delivery of a product or service to an endpoint. iControl 1.0 resolves the challenges with data sanity/accuracy to enhance the Target performance monitoring and add predictive
monitoring through machine learning.
Below are the key highlights of the release:
- Added Undecided (cut-offs) and Warning (predictive) statuses to widget totals and details.
- Target Performance drill-downs with details showing latest target observation and status.
- Cutoff swimlanes can be grouped by organisations, products, flows, applications, etc. Displayed below with drill-downs to swimlane as well as cutoff time specific target performance lists.
- Domain Pack flows – the ability to create a new flow from an existing industry domain template.
- Dimension (lookup table) data administration from within iControl for authorized role-based users.
- Implementation of Predictive (future) target performance, adding the ability to create warnings of a predicted breach (warning).
- Numerous user and role based capabilities:
- Role-based authorization limiting access and admin capabilities for users and groups lists.
- Role-based authorization limiting ability to add targets to owners, operators and application administrators.
- Target specific authorization limiting target administration to individual target owners, operators and application administrators (for all targets).
- Role-based authorization limiting ability to add or edit Data Streams (or train the associated predictive model) to owners, operators and application administrators.
- Role-based authorization limiting ability to add Base Searches to owners, operators and application administrators.
- Base Search specific authorization limiting access to edit and delete base searches to the owner/creator.
- Fix to ensure daily targets are not active during holiday periods.
- Fix to ‘fill in the blanks’ in historical bar charts where observation gaps exist.
- Fix to target performance calculation for common and unassigned targets.
- Fix to display correct day, week and month order and data on historical bar charts.
- Fixed ability to select a filtered and Grouped By targets list for historical bar charts.
- Fix historical data, ‘fill in the blanks’ for days/weeks/months with zero observations.
- Fix for overdue cut-off targets, where observation event has not been received by cut-off time the target automatically breaches.
- Fix to display active targets only on cut-off swimlane widget.
- Fix to centralize ‘now’ time on cut-off widget and display now +-6 hours on refresh.
- Fix observation widgets to display observations for complete active period (not just the last two hours).
- Fixed observation data, removed duplication from endpoints and thresholds from inactive periods.
- Fixed timezone gaps in target predictions where UTC was defaulting.
- Fixed monthly target config error causing event processing to fail.
- Fix to stop duplicate dimension references from being created.
- Fix to access Splunk user list using the application account, not the logged in user account.
- Fixed various monthly target setup issues including management of last, 2nd to last and 3rd to last days.
- Fixed various day-of-week monthly target issues including validation of 1st to 4th week active periods.
- Fix to allow for the deletion of calendars not linked to targets.
- Various bug fixes and improvements.
- Implemented target list drill-down from historical bar charts.
- Implementation of target list drill-downs from cut-off swimlane widget.
- Updated to latest domain pack templates.
- Migration of dimensions data (lookup tables) to the KV store protects data from overwriting during
- application upgrades.
- Implementation of the ability to configure a data stream (and therefore associated targets) as predictive,
- configuration and training of the associated predictive algorithm model.
- Reformatting of Flows and Targets lists columns to better display details.
- Reformatting of Data Stream list to display type (predictive or standard) as well as last trained date.
- Reformatting of Base Search list to display base search owner/creator as well as associated targets list.
- Enhancements to current target performance drill-down list to include details of latest observation time,
- value and status (to facilitate development of real-time process flow monitoring widget for next release).
- Improved error message handling and details relating to backend validation responses.
- Various UX fixes and enhancements.
- Monthly targets – minor validation issues with setting monthly targets for day of month, business day and day of week targets where overlapping or thresholds outside active periods are configured.
- Minor issue with switch from left to center justified dashboard widgets when adjusting browser width.
- Incorrect warning status message displayed when an invalid base search is submitted.
- Deleted flow persists in widget filters until app refreshed.
DRYiCE iControl dependencies:
- Splunk Machine Learning Toolkit.
iControl is a product within the emerging market sector of Operations Intelligence – technology solutions that leverage analytics to help end-users continuously monitor and manage business operations in real-time.
iControl forms part of a combined software and services solution developed by DRYiCE around “Business Flow Monitoring” which enables its customers to monitor, measure and report on the impact of IT performance in delivering business outcomes. Today iControl is primarily used by the project team as an implementation tool.
Business Flow Monitoring provides real time monitoring against business relevant targets. It is used by Operations technology staff on a day-to-day basis to ensure smooth running of the bank’s critical business flows to deliver end product outcomes.
Key elements of a Business Flow Monitoring implementation are to:
- Define a visual “flow” for the end-to-end business process
- Define service-level targets to set expected performance for key points within the flow
- Associate these targets with metric data provided from underlying monitoring
- Calculate real-time service-level performance and capture variance from expected levels
For support related inquiries, please reach us at firstname.lastname@example.org