- Release Notes
- DRYiCE Gold BluePrint on Servi...
DRYiCE Gold BluePrint on ServiceNow Quilon 2103
|Product Name||DRYiCE Gold BluePrint|
|Version Number||Quilon Release|
|Release Month||March , 2021|
|Release Period (if release was phased)||January - March|
This release introduces role-based, crowdsourced, community-assisted knowledge management on the self-service portal by combining traditional help content with the best answers from the community to drive user engagement, promote self-help and knowledge sharing among peers. Furthermore, it allows admins/moderators to monitor, moderate and manage knowledge in a hassle-free manner.
Another key milestone of this release is that Gold BluePrint has been aligned with the Quebec release of ServiceNow to improve processes in GBP and enhance the custom apps iLicense, iMigrate and Bagheera to provide more utility and functionality to users.
- Previously, the major incident functionality in GBP was created with the help of incident task custom tables. Now, after the introduction of MIM workbench, the incident task custom table is no longer required as the OOB table is used to offer the major incident functionality. This is an optimization technique to utilize OOB tables wherever possible and decommission existing custom tables. Since the utilization of custom tables increases license costs, the use of OOB tables will help customers to reduce operational costs.
- The ‘Incident Management’ module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
The ‘Problem Management’ module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
Config and Asset Management
The ‘Config and Asset Management’ module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
A ‘Downtime Required?’ checkbox has been introduced on the change request form for ‘Normal’ and ‘Emergency’ changes. If the checkbox is ticked, then the ‘Downtime Start’ and ‘Downtime End’ fields must be filled mandatorily by a support user.
Now, a support user cannot proceed in a change process without filling in the mandatory information for downtime in a change request form to ensure that all subsequent changes are scheduled correctly.
The ‘Change Management’ module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow
The ‘Release Management’ module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
Service Request Management
The ‘Service Request Management’ module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
Previously, whenever a task associated with the fulfilment of a service request was assigned to a support user within a group, the corresponding task notification would be relayed to the entire group and not individually to the concerned support user. Now, a new task notification mechanism has been introduced, where the support user to whom the task is assigned will only be notified. This feature will ensure that only the respective support user is provided with the relevant information needed to complete the assigned catalog task.
Self Service Portal
- A new feature has been introduced to assist end-users in raising a service request with community-assisted posts crowdsourced from internal users, contextually relevant to the title of the service request form. The results will be displayed on the right-hand side of the ‘SR’ form. Up to 7 posts can be displayed at a time, with a clickable ‘More’ link at the end of the posts taking the end-users to a crowdsourced community portal for accessing additional resources. End users having timely access to tried and tested answers from the crowd will now be able to self-service their needs without raising a request.
- A new ‘Recent Ticket’ widget has been introduced to provide the real-time progress of the last three incidents or service requests to end-users. The enhanced UI allows end-users to track recently opened tickets from the homepage of the service portal.
- The self-service portal has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow. New functionality has been introduced to make the ‘Recent Ticket’ widget clickable for an end-user on the self-service portal homepage. This helps to improve the user experience as it allows the end-user to access the details of the most recent tickets by clicking anywhere on the widget.
- A new feature has been introduced in ‘Knowledge Management’ module to combine traditional knowledge articles and crowdsourced knowledge posts and answers on a single platform and providing them to end-users based on their entitlement and role in the organization. The personalized feed will not display all the crowdsourced knowledge articles to end users but only those articles they are entitled to.
- A new feature has been introduced to allow users to access Bagheera service requests from the ‘Recent Ticket’ widget on the self-service portal. This feature will provide end-users with updates on Bagheera SRs and incident tickets that have been created recently.
- Previously, only a normal search capability was enabled for end-users on the ‘Can’t find the right request’ form. Now, the form is enabled with a contextual search capability for displaying knowledge articles or service catalog items matching the keywords entered in the short description field of the form.
New functionality has been introduced in the iLicense app to report the custom tables to count for every application on the underlying ServiceNow instance. The creation or installation of custom tables on a ServiceNow instance requires a license specifying the number of custom tables permitted in a single subscription. With granular level information available for all custom tables in an instance, a license manager will now have the insights needed to reduce dependency on custom tables and optimize license cost.
The iLicense app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
A new co-relation id field (mapping id) has been introduced in the ServiceNow patch baseline table to create an integration between ServiceNow and BigFix. A new field “Site URL” has been introduced in the ServiceNow patch baseline table to access patch records from BigFix using the integration between ServiceNow and BigFix. The integration will ensure that patches and patch baselines corresponding to a change request raised on GBP on ServiceNow will now be triggered in the BigFix for initiating deployment.
- The mobile app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
- The iMigrate app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow
- The iUpdate app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow
- The Eagle Eyes app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow
- A new module called ‘Contact Support’ has been introduced in the app menu. The module is part of the recommendations provided by ServiceNow for publishing the Eagle Eyes application on the ServiceNow store. The contact support module can be accessed only by a support user with access to the Eagle Eyes app. On clicking on the contact support menu, the support user will be able to see the contact details of the support team.
- The module has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
- The app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
- The app has been upgraded to be aligned to the Quebec version of ServiceNow.
- An OAuth2.0 authentication interface has been introduced in the Spider app to provide a secure, open data sharing standard. This authentication and authorization standard will help protect user’s identity and credentials while sharing data with third parties.
- Previously, the Advance Survey functionality was built with custom tables and scripts. The new Advance Survey functionality is built with ServiceNow OOTB survey functionality. Since the ServiceNow OOTB survey functionality does not require custom tables, the need for customizations has reduced considerably. As a result, the end-users can get the Advance Survey experience in line with the best practices recommended by ServiceNow.
A new feature has been introduced to add dynamic signatures and logos in all email notifications, in one go. This feature removes the hassle of updating signatures and logos individually in multiple email notifications.
Incident Management Defect
Previously, whenever an appointment was rescheduled in the ‘Incident Management’ module, the corresponding notification would be sent according to the original time of appointment to a support user. This issue has been fixed now, and the support user will be notified only according to the updated time of appointment.
Change Management Defect
Previously, in ‘Normal’ and ‘Emergency’ change, whenever a support user updated the values in the "Test End Date" or "Planned End Date" fields, the ‘Test Start Date’ and the ‘Implementation tasks’ fields would become blank. Upon refreshing the page, the ‘Start Date’ would be reset to the system date. This defect is fixed now so that ‘Start Date’ remains unchanged and does not default to the system date when the ‘Test End Date’ or ‘Planned End Date’ is changed.
Previously, whenever a change request was created from an incident ticket, the fields on the newly opened change ticket would be locked for editing, making it difficult for the change requester to submit the request from the incident interface itself. Now, the fields on the newly created request will be open for editing, allowing a change requester to process the request directly from the incident interface rather than having to navigate to the change module to resolve the incident.
DRYiCE Gold BluePrint is a ready-to-use process ecosystem that is based on best-of-breed IT Service Management (ITSM) platforms and coupled with our strong three decades of Service Management expertise. It offers a superior experience to manage enterprise IT services enriched with intuitive features that facilitate self-service to improve operational efficiency thereby empowering executives in making informed decisions.
For support-related queries, please log onto https://support.dryice.ai